I made this today to have after a big Sunday roast.
Really easy to do, really indulgent but Gluten Free.
397g Tin of Nestlé Carnation Caramel
200ml Double Cream
Table Spoon of Icing Sugar
Two Bananas Sliced.
150g Free From Digestives or any other brand of Gluten Free Digestives. ( You can swap for
Bar of Dark Chocolate
Preheat oven to 180
Blitz the digestives in a food processor,If you haven’t got a a food processor you can put the biscuits in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin.
Melt the butter then add the biscuit and mix.
Line a 20 inch Pyrex Pie dish with a circle of baking paper.
Then press down the crumb base with a spoon making sure you bring the crumbs up the sides to contain the filling later.
Place the base in the oven for ten minutes then leave to cool.
Then place a small layer of the Carnation Caramel onto the crumb base. Place a layer of banana on top if the Caramel.
Repeat to creat another layer then smooth over more Caramel over the top in line with the top of the edges if the crumb base.
Chill for 20 minutes.
While the pie is in the refrigerator whip the cream and icing sugar till it peaks.
Take the pie out if the fridge and put the whipped cream on top of the pie.
Grate the bar of chocolate on top of the cream till it is covered in chocolate shavings.
Chill for a further 60 minutes then its good to eat!
Here’s a similar recipe
- Fudge Satin Pie with Nutty Crumb Crust (mhoffmann2670.wordpress.com)
- Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie (spoonful.com)
- Deep-Dish Peach Pie with Crumb Topping (spoonful.com)
- A Recipe for Gluten Free Apple Pie (glutenfree.answers.com)
- Banoffee Pie… Sandwich (jessrmiddleton.wordpress.com)
- Banoffee Pies (catherinesculinarycreations.net)
- Cream, Chocolate, and Salted Caramel Tart (lovinovenn.wordpress.com)